Palace on Wheels FAQ's
To make each tour to Rajasthan on Indian luxury train Palace on Wheels a relaxed and pleasurable experience, we have enlisted the following handy tips for our esteemed travelers. Please browse through the options to get a detailed insight :-
1. What is the capacity of Palace on Wheels?
There are 14 tastefully decorated saloons on board Palace on Wheels that can accommodate 104 passengers.
2. Which are the destinations that this Indian luxury train tour covers?
Palace on Wheels covers some of the most sought after destinations in India that includes Delhi, Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra.
3. What is the booking procedure for Palace on Wheels?
The online booking facility is available for Palace on Wheels which enable you to book your royal train tour to Rajasthan in just visit here - www.palacesonwheels.co.uk.com
4. What is the acceptable mode of payment?
Payments via all major credit cards are accepted. American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discover Cards etc. are just to mention a few of the most prominent ones.
5. What are the facilities that Palace on Wheels offers onboard?
Beside deluxe coaches with en-suite modern bathrooms, the other luxury facilities onboard Palace on Wheels include:
- Newspaper and Magazine every morning.
- Onboard royal restaurants serving tantalizing Indian, Continental and Oriental delicacies in a real royal manner.
- Guest toiletries in the en-suite bathroom.
- Mineral water bottles for guests.
- A personal attendant called 'khidmatgar' is available on a round the clock service of the guests.
- An arrival kit comprises of various surprise items for the guests.
6. Is smoking allowed onboard Palace on Wheels?
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all public places like hotels, shopping malls, railway stations, markets etc. in India. Thus to maintain the dignity of the anti-smoking law passed by the Government of India, smoking is prohibited onboard Palace on Wheels.
7. How soon should I book?
Our recommendation would be to make the bookings as soon as you plan to travel. It would be best to make the bookings at least 6 months prior to the departure date to avoid last minute disappointment.
8. Are there different types of rooms (Suites, standard rooms etc.)?
The Single, Double and Triple occupancy rooms in the Palace on Wheels are of the same dimension and attached toilet/bathroom facility is available in every room.
9. What are the passport/visa requirements for travel to India?
A passport is required with validity lasting to at least 6 months beyond the returning date from India. Prior to arrival in India, visa is also required. For further inquiry, you can fill the online inquiry form or call on the customer care number mentioned above.
10. When should I plan to arrive in Delhi?
It is advisable to arrive in Delhi at least a day or two before the train departure date.
11. Is there a dress code on board?
No, there is no any specific dress code for the guests onboard.
12. What clothing is recommended?
A dedicated team of butlers is always present to the services of the guests. This round the clock service is tailored in a way to fulfill all your requirements in the shortest possible period of time. The well trained butlers can speak English well so that communication between the guests and the butlers can run without any hindrance.
- Carry clothing as per the average local temperatures.
- Apparels made of leather are advised to be avoided at any time.
- For sightseeing, sneakers and comfortable clothes are recommended.
- While visiting temples, make sure you wear clothes that cover your legs and shoulders. Also make sure that you remove your shoes before entering the temple premises. For females it is customary to have a scarf to cover their head while praying.
- There is no need of any special evening dress until and unless you have to attend any personal function.
- During winters (December and January), it is advised to carry heavy jackets and warm hats.
- Items like sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are required to ensure protection against the afternoon sun.
13. What kind of food is served on the train?
Guests may choose from Chinese, American, Continental and Rajasthani cuisines onboard. If you have any special dietary requirement or food allergy, you should communicate the same the train manager or chef at the commencement of the journey.
14. Is there a laundry/dry cleaning service on the train?
Yes, on an additional charge, laundry/dry cleaning service is available for the guests onboard. Irons are also available to borrow and the cabin attendant may also iron your clothes upon request.
15. Is the train accessible to wheelchairs/physical challenges?
Yes, wheelchairs are available. It is suggested to inform the train manager and us regarding your requirement for the wheelchair to avoid inconvenience during the trip and sightseeing tour.
16. Is there bottled water available in each room?
Yes, bottled water available in each room. Ask your room attendant for complimentary bottled mineral water throughout the trip.
17. What is the weather like?
September and April are warm with the temperature between 80 °F - 90 °F. In October, November, late February and March the temperature is between 60 °F - 80 °F. In December and January the temperature is between 45 °F - 70 °F.
18. Where is the railway station in Delhi? Will it be busy?
The Safdarjang Railway Station is situated in South Delhi, about 30 minutes drive from the city center. As the railway station is not equipped for long-duration waiting, it is advised to enjoy a city tour before boarding the palace on wheel luxury train.
19. What expenses will I have during the trip?
The palace on Wheel luxury train travel is inclusive of all costs. Thus, you need not to pay any charge for meals, tea/coffee/water, monument entrance, sightseeing, and accommodation. Additional charges are only applicable on the purchase of wine, soft-drink, alcohol, or juices. Facilities and services like additional toiletries, laundry services, camera fees at monuments, etc., also require additional charges.
20. How can I exchange currency? Are ATM machines available during the trip?
You can exchange hard currency at banks, authorized centers and banks. There are ATMs available Delhi thus, it is suggested to withdraw huge cash in Delhi before embarking the train as you might face a problem in finding ATMs in small towns that you would visits as a part of the train itinerary.
21. What is the fee for the still/video cameras?
The permission of carrying still/video cameras varies from monument to monument and thus, on a safer side, you may allot about $25 for the respective fees. The fee is acceptable only in INRs (Indian Rupees) at the time of entrance to the monument.
22. Are doctors available at all times?
Yes, Doctors are available in each destination. Do let your attendant know about your requirement of any medical assistance.
23. Is there an emergency contact number?
Yes, all important emergency contact numbers are mentioned on your travel voucher. This voucher is issued about 30 days before the date of departure.
24. May I bring my own wine/alcohol aboard the train?
No, carrying any sort of liquor onboard is not permitted. There is a bar onboard that stocks wines, alcohols and other liquors to meet the tastes and preferences of the guests.
25. Is Internet connectivity available on board?
Yes, high-speed internet connectivity is available for the guests onboard.
26. Are my valuables secure inside the train?
Yes, proper and modern security arrangements are made onboard for the security of guests and their belongings. Every cabin is also equipped with electronic lockers for storing valuable items.
27. How much luggage I can carry while travelling on Palace on Wheels?
The guests are advised and requested to carry luggage according to the guidelines prescribed under international airline standards.
28. Does the crew aboard speak in English?
Yes, the train crew is well-versed in English and thus, speaks and understands well.
29. Is there any arrangement for on board entertainment?
Yes, there are various indoor games such as Chinese Checker, Crossword Puzzle, Chess, Carom Board, and Cards are available onboard. Along with this, each saloon also has a lounge for guests to interact, relax, make friends, get together and play games.